Monday, November 24, 2008

One of Many Wars Against My Parents

A war against my parents. So, it was about a couple of years ago and I was getting extremely annoyed at all the the annoyed looks I was getting. I would receive these annoyed looks from people whenever I asked someone too many times to borrow their cell phone.

One day when I was all worked up even more than usual because someone had finally put it bluntly and was like, "When are your parents going to get you your own phone so you can stop using others?" And I was said, "Well, that is a good question. I'll ask them." That's exactly what I did, too. I went home and practically yelled at my parents.

Previous to this day, I have actually had this conversation with them before and they have always said NO without even batting an eye. It wouldn't matter how many good explanations I came up with or actually good reasons for having a cell phone they just didn't seem to care.

That night I yelled at my parents all in one breath, "I'm getting so sick and tired of people always being annoyed at me because I have to keep asking them to use their cell phone because it is the only phone that is around and available." My parents response was the usual, not even looking at me as they are saying it, "Well what do you want us to do about it?" And in my head I'm thinking isn't obvious I want you to buy my a cell phone. Even though this whole time I know, that they know, that I have been wanting a cell phone for a while now.

But in response to their question I don't even make it an option I said, " I NEED a CELL PHONE!" At this they finally look at me and then just keep looking at me until I kind of shook my head and put that look on my face, well? Then they said, "They are too expensive and you wouldn't even use it that much anyways," even though I would use it and I know that they aren't too expensive for us, "so, NO we are not going to get you a cell phone."

And, well, that was the end of that. Another war against my parents lost. The little scene above took place around sophomore year and to this day I still don't have a cell phone. Not that I'm bitter about it or anything! =} Anyways, my parents and I actually get along pretty well most of the time even though it may not sound that way.

1 comment:

Hannah T said...

I have no idea how you live without a cell phone! Well I guess it wouldn't be that hard if you've never had one. If your parents don't want to pay the monthly charge thing, you should get one of those pay as you go phones so then they can't complain about you not usuing it a lot because you are only paying for what you use! :)