Thursday, November 6, 2008

Possibility

This I believe: that anything is possible. My mom, dad, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and many more people through out my life have all encouraged me to follow my dreams. It doesn't matter what those dreams are if it is important to you and you really want it then you can achieve it.


These dreams may be dreams that take fifteen years or only a couple of days. If you break it into baby steps, set your focus, and keep your head up high it will never be out of your reach. It's all about the old saying "the sky is the limit." I guess you could say that this is one of the important ideas that I was raised by.

I could pretty much pick anyone from my family and write about the things that they have accomplished. My aunt Lynn has been living in Zambia, Africa for about the last 16 years. Another aunt of mine has found money to travel to a whole bunch of parts of the world even though she's only a teacher. My own dad has worked his way up to be vice president of a small construction company. I have an uncle that is in the UW Hall of Fame for being an amazing runner. My coach has participated in the Olympic trials. My mom has had a few setbacks including having me, but she went back to college and now is working in the UW Law School. As for myself I haven't yet reached my long term goals, but I was able to convince my parents after about 6 months to get a puppy for the family.

Sure their was a ton of things that was preventing them from getting a dog, but through patients and baby steps we now have had a puppy for about three months and everyone is loving it.

2 comments:

Ky-Ky Bebeh said...

Muwhahahhahahhaha, I have taken over the comment board by having the first comment!! >:D

As for your blog's first post entitled "Possibility," I firmly believe that I must see this puppy of yours. And I also believe that you have a very inspiring belief that anything is possible.

However, I do feel like there is something missing within the blog post. It would've been nice to see more of your own accomplishments so that we as readers can get a better feel of what kind of an amazing person you are.

In the end, I still believe that you've made a great first post that involves one of the cutest creations on the planet: Puppies!!

Looking forward to more,

Kyle!

Peace out gurl!!

Marisa said...

I like the main idea. I think you should have included your own trip to Africa. This was something major and its an amazing accomplishment. I love your puppy...he's so cute. He's getting so big!!

your girl,
Marisa